TMG College of Arts & Science is a unit of Vinayaka Trust committed to the cause of establishing Institutions with academic excellence and higher protocol of human values. The MIET Group of Institutions established for a better life through Technology for more than two decades and is managed by this trust.
The college is established in a lust locale near Tambaram about 5 Kilometers from the Tambaram Railway Station. The environment is congenial for advanced comprehensive education. The infrastructure and other facilities – spacious classroom, state of art laboratories, library cafeteria, indoor/outdoor sports facilities to develop the intellectual, physical, creative and moral spirit of the students.
The college is a private, unaided and co-educational institution approved by the Government of TAMILNADU and affiliated to the University of MADRAS. The prime aim of the Institution is to fashion students distinguished by moral etiquette, noted by peer leadership performance and excellent manifestation of discipline specially meeting developing needs in education.
Our service and processes facilitate quality foundation for remarkable careers. We shape our students to be not the seeker but creator of profession.
“Faithful Service is our Faith”
- To educate the poor and needy students and to shape them as disciplined citizen of our Great Country
- To train and impart necessary soft skills and communication skills with a positive attitude.
- To train our students to become entrepreneurs and readily employable.
- To encourage inter disciplinary knowledge and understanding amongst the students leading to achievements.
- To shape our students not to be the seeker but creator of profession
Emblem & Motto
The emblem of the college is a graphic representation of the power of the college. With the knowledge and / or education, one’s potential or ability to succeed in the pursuit of one’s objectives will certainly increase
Motto – ” Knowledge is Power”
- Career guidance programmes will be offered to our students to help them plan their higher education and identify other opportunities. Campus recruitment by eminent organizations will be held annually.
- The college has dedicated and highly qualified team of faculty members, who strive hard for academic excellence and impart wholesome education to the students.
Extra Curricular activities blended with sports activities form an integral part of a student’s life at the TMG College of Arts & Science.
- Histrionic and cultural talents are encouraged through Music, Dance and Dramatics.
- The college has facilities for indoor/outdoor games where students are trained by a qualified Physical Education teacher
- The Institution has a N.S.S, Y.R.C, R.R.C & C.C.C clubs under the care of trained officers.
- Lions Clubs of Chennai TMG & TMG Sakthi
- The objective of the Placement Cell is to provide a platform that would bridge various companies with our talented students who have been nurtured with the best to – Be The Best wherever they go.
- TMG College has always been one of the most preferred sources for campus recruitment for Corporate and other recruiters. Globalization opened up job market like never before, and the demand for graduates and Postgraduates from Arts & Science Colleges, is increasing day by day. Some of the corporate houses are looking for mass recruitment’s for their facilities. There is no shortage of jobs in the present scenario, although there is a clear shortage of qualified employable candidates from the colleges.
- Generally, campus interviews start in the month of December and go up to early May each year. Selection process starts in the morning and ends by the evening with the offer letters being issued to selected candidates.
- The modern, well stacked library provides a wide collection of books, periodicals, journals and newspapers, to widen the knowledge of the students and faculties in a broad spectrum.
- The college provides separate hostel accommodation for both men and women students.
- Students, who wish to join the hostel, shall avail the application forms from the College office.
- The college provides bus facility for the students to commute from different parts of the city.