Citizen Consumer Club – T M G C A S
The Citizen Consumer Club of TMG College OF Arts & Science is an affiliated club to the Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Government of Tamil Nadu, which was established at the beginning of the academic year 2014 – 2015. The club has evolved its own objectives in aligning to achieve the common goal of the Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Government of Tamil Nadu.
Objectives & Mission of the Government of Tamil Nadu
- To educate students about rights of the consumers as provided in Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- To mobilize youngsters by instilling in them the spirit of protection of consumer rights
- To impart knowledge about the role of consumers in protection of their rights
- To strengthen the consumer movement in India.
The mission of Government of Tamil Nadu is to empower all consumer segments of the State to obtain a just deal in the purchase of goods and services in the State of Tamil Nadu and to uphold consumer rights.
Objectives & Mission of the Club
The primary objectives of the Citizen Consumer Club are to collaborate, cooperate, actively participate and function in accordance with the Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Government of Tamil Nadu. The allied objectives of the Club are to educate, reach – out and join hands to enhance this movement.
In order to achieve the above said objectives the club will initiate organizing seminars, conferences, competitions, publishing articles on consumer issues, etc., and will participate in various programs of the club on National Consumer Day (24th December) and World Consumer Rights (15th March)
About Citizen Consumer Club – TMGCAS
All the first & second year irrespective of the branch of study, are eligible to become the member of the club. Interested student can register his/her name with the office – bearers. On successful completion of one year membership with active participation in all the club activities, the member can claim 2 credits.
Rights of Consumer
Rights of Consumers as enumerated under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986
- Right to safety
- Right to information
- Right to choose
- Right to assured
- Right to heard
- Right to redressal
- Right to consumer education
- Right to Healthy Environment
- Right to basic need
- Critical Awareness
- Social concern
- Environmental concern
- Sustainable Consumption
- Social Networking
Remedies Available to Consumer
- To remove the defect pointed out by the appropriate laboratory from the goods
- To replace the goods with the new goods of similar description, which are free from similar defects
- To return the price of the charges paid by the complainant
- To pay such amount as compensation to the consumer for any loss or injury suffered by the consumer due to the negligence of the opposite party
- To remove the defects of deficiencies in the services in question
- To discontinue the unfair trade practice or the restrictive trade practice or not to repeat
- To withdraw the hazardous goods from being offered for sale
- To provide for adequate costs to parties
3 R’s of a dutiful consumer
- Reduce: Consume only what you need, if possible reduce consumption of water, electricity, fuel and other non-renewable resources.
- Reuse: If a product can serve you for a longer period, use it instead of buying a new one.
- Recycle: Don’t litter the environment, please recycle degradable or recyclable materials through scrap dealers.
Register for Consumer Alerts & Discussion Group : Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection department will keep you informed of latest alerts from key Government agencies in India as well as international agencies on products that are spurious, hazardous or scams that consumers need to beware of. Please subscribe to the Yahoo Groups Account created for your benefit.
Web – http://consumer.tn.gov.in/registeryahoo.html
Complaints & Contacts
- Government of Tamil Nadu
Civil Supplies & Consumer Protection Department, Ezhilagam, Chennai-5.
Phone : 044-28583222 / 28583422
Web : www.consumer.tn.gov.in
E. mail : email@example.com
- If you have any grievance/complaint relating to any drug/ cosmetic, you may file it with the Local Drug Inspector or with the Controller of drugs,
259/261 Anna Salai,
Chennai 600 006,
Phone: 044 24321830 or in the web at www.tnhealth.org
Can make online complaints at www.consumer.tn.gov.in